Friday, July 15, 2011

Reflect & Connect - it started with a goal

For the next few weeks or so will be concentrating on reflecting and connecting as I grow and develop my reflecting and connecting skills. Doing this great course - Reflect and Connect based on CHCORG428A Reflect on and improve own professional practice with Carole and Junita. So far have learned much. Watch my progress here - started with a goal:
"Firstly to develop a personal learning network and secondly to establish an eportfolio of my work to bring some order to bits and pieces I have scattered all over the internet. I would like to be able to show competencies to RPL towards my TAE qualification and to have them in an ordered place would be extremely helpful."
On some thought and reflection, came to the realization that:

 
"That my eyes were bigger than my belly:
Like Sandra and following Monday night's session I have re-thought my goal and decided as usual, I was trying to fit way too much into my goal to be successfully achievable in the time frame available.
On reflection I think it is much more reasonable to take one of those small steps and focus on a smaller more achievable goal in the time frame I have.
Therefore my goal has altered to now gather my artifacts from this reflect and connect course to develop my e portfolio to use as an RPL for CHCORG428A Reflect on and improve own professional practice.
Thinking about it, for me - this is what this course is all about.... reflecting and evaluating as you go and making adjustments to goals to make them more achievable.
If I can accomplish this small step, it is then just a matter of applying the theory to the bigger picture wink ."

No comments:

Post a Comment